Many people want success but simply do not know how to program your subconscious mind for success. Here are 10 basic tips to program your subconscious mind:
- To program your subconscious mind the goals must be realistic -– Losing 200 pounds in a week is impossible, no matter how good you are at programming your subconscious mind. Think in ways that will not set up a conflict between the thoughts and your feelings about the thoughts. For example, see yourself looking down at a scale that shows you are 10 or 15 pounds lighter, or wearing clothes 2 sizes smaller.
- Program as if the change you want has already occurred –- For example, if you want to install a program for healthy eating habits visualize yourself as if up on a movie screen eating veggies, smiling and enjoying the food while repeating the affirmation “You/I love to eat healthy food!”Sometimes using first person…”I”…works best, while for others second person references…”You”… works best. You may want to experiment with both ways to see (or hear) what feels right to you. (see below)
- As a rule, program your subconscious mind in third-person… Do this by watching yourself up on a movie screen in your mind’s eye and use the reference “you” in place of “I”. However, not all people are the same, so if using first-person or “I” seems less awkward and more intense or real to you go ahead and do that.Once the programming part of the session has been completed, at the end it is a good idea to “step into” the movie and experience the finished product as fully and intensely as you can in your mind…act as if you are actually there…seeing, hearing, and feeling as if your are “in the movie” and it is real. (this is how you can “real-ize” what you want)
- Program using as many sensory modalities as comfortably possible– Example: see yourself walking along the beach, feel the sand between your toes, hear the sounds of the surf crashing on the shore, smell the salt in the breeze, hear the gulls overhead.
- Ignore the problem, focus on the solution – Because of the way your mind processes information it’s best to program your subconscious mind with what you DO WANT rather than what you DON’T WANT. Your subconscious mind cannot process a negation. A negation is where you present an idea and append the sentence to imply the opposite of the idea.For instance, saying “I don’t like to smoke” is a negation – something you do not like. Negations are processed by the higher regions of the cortical or thinking brain, (i.e. the conscious mind). So, you CAN process negatives when you read or hear them, but ONLY at the conscious level.Your subconscious mind must process what “I”, “like” and “smoke” means then send that back to the conscious mind where the negation is processed. So, “I don’t like to smoke”, processed at the subconscious level becomes “I – like to smoke.” The thinking mind then processes the negative at the conscious level.
- Use Intensity and Repetition in order to program your subconscious mind –- Making visualizations as vivid as possible and using you powers of imagination will create intensity. Practicing, listening, or programming regularly provides the repetition.
- Keep it simple –- One programming session should include only one exercise or CD at a time. You may have several sessions spread out over the day or week, but one session = one program goal.
- Don’t question it, just allow it to happen –- The last thing you want to do after a programming session is to question yourself about whether it worked. The most powerful changes occur after you have forgotten about the programming and suddenly realize, “Wow, it worked”.
- Belief and Confidence –- Believe in the power of your subconscious mind because one of the most powerful ways to program your subconscious mind is through your belief systems. What the thinker (conscious mind) thinks, the prover (unconscious mind) proves. Beliefs are taken as instructions to the subconscious mind, especially when accompanied by congruent feelings.
- Program in a highly focused, self-hypnotic state –- Hypnosis bypasses the critical factor of the conscious mind allowing a direct input link to the subconscious mind. The subconscious mind will not accept input that does not fit your value & belief systems.This is why changing beliefs does not involve removing or erasing old beliefs. It simply involves installing new, more desirable beliefs and getting the message of your preference through to the subconscious mind – you guessed it, with intensity and repetition!
To Your Success,
P.S. Please click the “LIKE” button at the top of this post and share with your friends on Facebook. I also love it when you leave a comment and I will attempt to answer each one personally. Thanks and stay inspired!!!